How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in South Burlington
Fall is coming quickly in South Burlington, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the feel of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to make levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in South Burlington a call at (802) 557-0429 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!