The cold season is fast approaching in South Burlington and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often surge. There are several things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors provide during South Burlington winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Greenfield professionals a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Chat with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits South Burlington.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in South Burlington a call at (802) 557-0429 or stop by our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.