Spring Cleaning: Prepping your South Burlington, VT Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – only a couple of things are better than looking out your wood windows on a nice, warm day in South Burlington. And with a little spring-cleaning, those windows will shimmer, giving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or something else, no one enjoys streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind a couple cleaning tips when you begin your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s nicer to clean with the sun out, the sun could actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is appropriately cleaned, so take advantage of the cloudy day to get your cleaning completed.
- Having the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how good it will look.
- Always begin at the top when washing your windows. Doing so keeps your drips heading to your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Utilize an old towel or paper towel and lay it at the bottom of the window to gather any drips to keep them from getting on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make certain you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips got through, it will help guard the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need some TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors can help provide proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drive by the showroom in South Burlington today and check out which products are right for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.