Tips and tricks for door replacement
Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the first impression that guests have when arriving at your South Burlington home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are prepared to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and involve a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery around a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other unfriendly parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can receive a major makeover.
Accept guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in South Burlington, give them a call at (802) 557-0429 or schedule an appointment online to consider all the options for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.