Window Style 101
Your window coverings can make or break the style of your space. So, whether you’re shooting for a tranquil feeling or something bright to show off your personality, you’re bound to uncover an idea here! Here are a few tips to dress up your windows.
- To generate a sense of drama or to make a smaller room appear bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a pop of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to express your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a quirky print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is on your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a tad too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love decorating for the season, or just like to change things up every little bit, try swapping out the curtains in your main living space. You can go as festive as you’d like!
- If you’re having issues finding the perfect pattern for your curtains, don’t hold yourself to regular window curtains. Try checking out tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you’re looking for.
- For an understated and elegant look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To dress up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a fancy ribbon to sea shells you discovered on vacation.