We have a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in South Burlington. Whether it’s through our individual business practices or selling energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits in every season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with options based on your climate. The styles below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with a double coating of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler during the hottest months. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Call your South Burlington Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass options or our recommended glass for the South Burlington region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can figure your energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – more layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between the glass panes to provide extra insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room in the winter; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for South Burlington Area Home
We’ve added features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to prevent the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.